Multipile similar tools available
Sometimes there are multiple tools with very similar names. If the parameters in the tutorial don’t match with what you see in Galaxy, please try the following:
Use Tutorial Mode curriculum in Galaxy, and click on the blue tool button in the tutorial to automatically open the correct tool and version (not available for all tutorials yet)
Tools are frequently updated to new versions. Your Galaxy may have multiple versions of the same tool available. By default, you will be shown the latest version of the tool. This may NOT be the same tool used in the tutorial you are accessing. Furthermore, if you use a newer tool in one step, and try using an older tool in the next step… this may fail! To ensure you use the same tool versions of a given tutorial, use the Tutorial mode feature.
Warning: Not all browsers work!
- Open your Galaxy server
- Click on the curriculum icon on the top menu, this will open the GTN inside Galaxy.
- Navigate to your tutorial
- Tool names in tutorials will be blue buttons that open the correct tool for you
- Note: this does not work for all tutorials (yet)
- You can click anywhere in the grey-ed out area outside of the tutorial box to return back to the Galaxy analytical interface
- We’ve had some issues with Tutorial mode on Safari for Mac users.
- Try a different browser if you aren’t seeing the button.
Check that the entire tool name matches what you see in the tutorial.