Metagenomics is a discipline that enables the genomic study of uncultured microorganisms
Before diving into this topic, we recommend you to have a look at:
|Lesson||Slides||Hands-on||Input dataset||Workflows||Galaxy tour|
|Introduction to metagenomics|
|16S Microbial Analysis with Mothur|
|Analyses of metagenomics data - The global picture|
For these tutorials, you can use the dedicated Docker image:
docker run -d -p 8080:80 quay.io/galaxy/metagenomics-training
It will launch a flavored Galaxy instance available on http://localhost:8080.
This material is maintained by:
For any question related to this topic and the content, you can contact them.
This material was contributed to by:
- John C. Wooley, Adam Godzik, Iddo Friedberg: A Primer on Metagenomics
- Kozich JJ, Westcott SL, Baxter NT, Highlander SK, Schloss PD.: Development of a dual-index sequencing strategy and curation pipeline for analyzing amplicon sequence data on the MiSeq Illumina sequencing platform. Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Robert C. Edgar, Brian J. Haas, Jose C. Clemente, Christopher Quince, Rob Knight.: UCHIME improves sensitivity and speed of chimera detection
- Holly Bik and Pitch Interctive Inc.: Phinch: An interactive, exploratory data visualization framework for -omic datasets
- Brian D Ondov, Nicholas H Bergman, Adam M Phillippy: Krona: Interactive Metagenomic Visualization in a Web Browser
- Finotello F, Mastrorilli E, Di Camillo B.: Measuring the diversity of the human microbiota with targeted next-generation sequencing.
- Pablo Yarza, Pelin Yilmaz, Elmar Pruesse, Frank Oliver Glöckner, Wolfgang Ludwig, Karl-Heinz Schleifer, William B. Whitman, Jean Euzéby, Rudolf Amann, Ramon Rosselló-Móra: Uniting the classification of cultured and uncultured bacteria and archaea using 16S rRNA gene sequences.
- Patrick D Schloss: Secondary structure improves OTU assignments of 16S rRNA gene sequences.